Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"We're only human!"

This whiny expression always amuses me. Whenever you dare to point out the inherent stupidity many people seem to be prone to, this is the most common response.

It's laughable.

Humans created the seven wonders of the world. Humans created art, music and the written word. Humans created computers. Human have landed on the fucking moon! Essentially, humans are capable of amazing feats. It never fails to amaze me that a race that can create a weapon that can devastate the planet often doesn't have the common sense the All Mighty gave a lemming. I know that people are capable of being sensible. It just seems like we choose not to be because it's easier. Why put effort into thinking things through when you can save energy and brain cells by being an idiot, right?

I'm not cynical enough to think that the entire human race is inherently stupid. There are those who are creative visionaries doing their best to change the world for the better. They have my undying gratitude and respect. I just wish everyone would follow the example these people set. Lord knows that things would get done a helluva lot faster.

No comments: